Our Mission: Artistic Excellence!
- To provide an opportunity for community members to be part of a
- To perform the standard orchestral repertoire.
- To serve as the orchestra for large choral productions, such as The
- To expose the community to Northwest musicians and music by
- To explore relatively unknown international orchestral music from the
far reaches of the globe.
- To showcase the various cultures of the world, especially those
represented in our culturally diverse community.
- To inspire and educate the community and the schools on orchestral
music as a genre, and bring guest soloists who enrich the musical
life of the community through residencies.
- To perform outreach tour programs in Port Orchard and the Key
Peninsula, which are more distant to the big cities of Tacoma and
- To help train our talented youth for professional careers in music.
- To encourage the performance of less common instruments, such as
the viola, oboe, bassoon, etc.
- To preserve and expose music performed in the form of recordings.
- To employ local musicians.
Our Core Values:
- The show must go on - we do our utmost to keep our commitment to
the concert date announced to the public
- Gracious hospitality - Be My Guest - we treat our audience as guests
in our home
- Synchronous teamwork - we work as a team with impeccable timing
and self-motivation, helping the person at the bottom climb the ladder
- Flexibility to meet changing needs - Blessed are the flexible, for they
shall not be bent out of shape!
- Open, honest and responsive communications - we communicate
directly with clarity of purpose and integrity
- Financial and organizational sustainability - we are good stewards of
public funds to ensure our continued viability of our funding and
operations, carefully taking calculated risks
- Unrelentingly challenging current practice - although we have
established practices, we always ask ourselves if they are the right
things to do and the right way to do them, but also applying
- Community service and partnership - we serve the community and
seek to work with other community organizations as much as we can